Yesterday was another milestone for our Inktank scrapbook. We hosted our first webinar titled “Getting Started with Ceph”. Our technical marketing engineer/overall nice guy @klivansky presented the webinar, which lasted one hour and covered the basics of getting setup with Ceph.
- An introduction into Ceph and Inktank
- A description of the Ceph architecture and key components
- The steps of setting up a virtualized Ceph cluster, which included:
- Creating a VirtualBox
- Preparing the VMs for creating the Ceph cluster
- Installing Ceph on all VMs from the client
- Configuring Ceph on all the server nodes and the client
- Experimenting with Ceph’s Virtual Block Device (RBD)
- Experimenting with the Ceph distributed filesystem
- Unmounting, stopping Ceph, and shuting down the VMs safely
Missed the webinar? No problem, we have you covered with a replay. Hint! The attachment tab in the replay will allow you to download just the slides.
Calling all OpenStack junkies! Our next webinar is on “Ceph With OpenStack”. Co-hosting this webinar is Kamesh Pemmaraju of Dell’s OpenStack-Powered Cloud Solution group, our latest partner. Register today!
For a full list of Ceph webinars in the series – click here
If you think of a Ceph webinar you would like to see, shoot us an email at email@example.com.
Subscribe to “The InkWell” – Our quarterly newsletter.